Sunday, July 31, 2011

On the Precipice of the Move

Casa Bandera apartments in Las Cruces, New Mexico

As I realize how ridiculous I look laying on the floor scrubbing the carcasses of bed bugs off the baseboards of someone else's room, I had one of those moments were you wonder how the hell you got to this point. In the past two weeks I have been as happy as I have ever been and as low too. And now everything is up in the air. It is the last few hours I have in Las Cruces.

The past week in particular was a whirlwind of emotions. I slept very little. Perhaps that attributed to the feeling. In the past three days I have slept four hours. And I will not sleep tonight...

Soon I will be in El Paso and in a worse situation than I am in now. I do not want to live with my parents, even if it is only for a month. It is a hassle to live with five other people. I like my parents, but it is too much to worry about. I have to be quiet at night, much earlier than now, because they get up so early for work. And the house is incredibly hot. They do not have refrigerated air like I have had in my apartment for the last two years. Plus there is the fact that I am 26 years old. That is too old to live with your parents in my opinion.

Hopefully I will be in Portland in a month. What will happen there I do not know. I suspect it will be the same. People are the same everywhere. So my social life will probably stay as boring as now. But, hey, it is a beautiful city, especially compared to the dirt and rocks of El Paso. I can not wait to live in a place with trees. That alone is worth moving. And I get to be on my own again. I have to admit I am a bit worried about being so far away from home. When I am in Las Cruces I always have family an hour away to help with things like moving into and apartment and whatnot. Portland will be different. I do not know what I will have there.

Still, I can not wait to see what the future holds. (I am hoping it will be a lot less cleaning dead bed bugs off baseboards)
Enhanced by Zemanta