Monday, April 25, 2011

Things I Have No Patience For

I know how you feel.
I am a pretty patient person when it comes to some things (I can wait and wait for something with no problem), but there are some things that just drive me crazy. And since I am already a bit crazy naturally, I become super crazy.

1) Exceptionally Poor Grammar:

I understand the occasional typo. Still, people these days have no respect for my eyes when they type without a single capital letter or any hint of proper punctuation. And these are people with, at the very least, high school degrees! Some with COLLEGE DEGREES! That is unacceptable.

 So maybe this says more about my personal life than I would like it to, um...Last night I looked at the Craigslist personal ads for the first time and the writing was absolutely horrible. That was all I could think about (a close second: how gross most of them were). I guess there is that...


 2) Dumb People in General

 I suppose these two go hand-in-hand. And yet, this deserves its own category. I define dumb people as those who show no interest in expanding themselves, the incurious. I have no idea how to talk to these people and they are always selfish assholes. It makes sense. You think you are perfect, so you have no interest in anything outside your purview. It would feel sad for them if it was not so annoying.

 3) Terrible Music

 Nothing ruins my mood more than terrible music. I can not be happy with crap playing. The problem, however, is most popular music today is bad; almost as if they are trying to piss me off. Autotune can die forever. Mainstream hip-hop has been dead for a long time and mainstream rock is in even worse shape. Soul music is nonexistent. How sad. Luckily there are music blogs out there that can turn me on to the less popular acts that are putting out good stuff.
Enhanced by Zemanta