Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nightmare

I never have nightmares. Ever. But last night I had kind of a scary dream, more suspenseful really.

First of all, it seemed totally real. I laid down and put my arm over my eyes. My dream started from that point of view and I was convinced I wasn't dreaming. It didn't even occur to me what was happening could be a dream.



My upper body felt heavy. I kept trying to sit up and I did not have the energy to do it. That freaked me out. But I thought maybe I was getting sick (I've been on the verge for a few weeks) and simply was fatigued. Then the noises started. Moaning, scratching, crashing, sirens.

Silence.

Whispering surrounded me. It sounded like people commenting on my condition. I kept trying to lift myself up, but nothing worked. And I could only see the ceiling and part of the wall in front of me. There was nothing to do but wait. Suddenly things sounded like they were being dragged around my room. Why these unseen beings would want to rearrange my room, I have no idea.

Finally I could sit up and everything was thrown around. I couldn't even walk because there was a bunch of my stuff (my desk, television, chair, shelves, books, clothes) piled up next to my bed, making a wall.

And that is when I realized I was dreaming. I thought my eyes had been opened the whole time, but suddenly I noticed I had not even sat up. And nothing was thrown around. And all of that must not have been real. So I went back to sleep.

Okay, maybe that isn't the most frightening thing ever. But not being able to control my body is scary to me. I couldn't stand not being able to move.