Monday, April 5, 2010

Conversations

Do you know how nice it is to have somebody who can actually engage you in conversation? Or just be able to joke with? It seems like a pretty simple thing, but I find it hard to find people with whom I can actually have a conversation. And to joke with? Even harder (that's what she said).



I mean, I have simple little conversations about work or sports or whatever, school, weather. That's boring though. Real conversations seem almost impossible to come by. People must think about things, right? I know my mind is racing around all day thinking about things. I see people and think about why they do the things they do (the way they dress or interact with others). Everybody must be that way, thinking, wondering.

And when I make jokes I usually get a, "you're funny." That would be nice every once in awhile, but most people don't add anything. What I want to do is say something weird, have the other person respond as the "straight man" (it's a comedy term, not a sexuality term), and continue this pattern. It's really fun to do! My brother and I do it all the time! And that guy is a big dummy. Or I will text something I think is funny because I want to talk and don't have anything in particular to talk about and I'll get, "lol" or much, much worse, "ur funny."

(Seriously? "Ur?" If you wan to abbriviate things, I get that. Your time is limited and there are character limits on texts. Two page texts are kind of frustrating if the subject isn't of huge importance. But put a damn space in there! Everytime I see "ur," I actually pronounce "ur" in my head, not "you are." It frustrates me to no end.)

Fortunately I have been talking/texting someone who can actually play along with my stupid jokes! And that is what this whole blog post is about. I'm in a good mood because somebody can actually understand me. Weird.

Oh hey. This was more boring than I expected it would be. It wasn't this bad in my head. So, here, you got this far. Here are some funny videos I like:




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]