Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sony Fantasy Festival Contest

Elvis Costello, Cardiff 1979Image via Wikipedia
Sony and LastFM have put together this competition to see who can make the most popular music festival. It works sort of like fantasy football (from what I understand, I actually despise fantasy football). The artists are all assigned monetary value and you have a limit on how much you can spend. Then their internet buzz determines how many points you score. It's a pretty cool idea and I entered in right away. You can even pick from bands that no longer exist.

After working on the lineup for a bit I came up with something eclectic and decent. It is not what I would necessarily book for a dream festival, but I am actually hoping to win here. Nobody but me wants to see Kaleidoscope sadly. Here's what I put together (in order by purchase price):

  1. Radiohead (buzz: 556)
  2. The Beatles (buzz: 410)
  3. Muse (buzz: 690)
  4. Bob Dylan (buzz: 241)
  5. The Ramones (buzz: 129)
  6. Editors (buzz: 529)
  7. Sia (buzz: 147)
  8. Animal Collective (buzz: 146)
  9. Elvis Costello (buzz: 106)
  10. Vampire Weekend (buzz: 260)
  11. Otis Redding (buzz: 100)
  12. Passion Pit (buzz: 256)
  13. Yeasayer (buzz: 59)
  14. Beach House (buzz: 64)
  15. Washed Out (buzz: 104)
Of course, I listened to each one to make I could at least stand them. Here's hoping I win something or other!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]