Friday, July 10, 2009

Choose Between a Treehouse, Tent or Underground Bunker for a Week's Stay

Lechuguilla Cave, New MexicoImage via Wikipedia

An underground bunker may sound like a crazy place to choose when a treehouse and a tent are the other two choices. Everybody wanted a treehouse when they were young, right? People go camping and sleep in tents, right? Only people hiding from, say, a tornado or the a-bomb stay in an underground bunker.

Well, yes. But I loved going to Carlsbad Caverns as a kid. The dark and quiet of the cave intrigued me so much, I never wanted to leave. Plus, it is much cooler underground and I hate the heat. In a treehouse you have to deal with bugs and birds all the time. In a tent you still have bugs to worry about. But an underground bunker is just mellow and undisturbed.

And I love being left alone; therefore, I would dig spending a week underground.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]