Wednesday, February 7, 2007

0-3-1

Miles Davis performing live at Birdland in New...Image via Wikipedia
I am sooooooo sore. Nearly my whole body is rejecting itself. The flag football team I'm on played four games yesterday. FOUR. That's the equivalent of one full regular football game, offense and defense. Of course there isn't any hitting, but I still hit the ground a couple of times and have a few (small) bruises. That sucks, but we played admirably and fought in all the games.

So, I was tired when I walked back to the station, really, really tired. But, when I got to my office I found a Miles Davis record. That made me really happy. I took it home and listened to it while I took a shower and when I went to bed. Man, I could kiss whoever left that in my office...or at least nod my head respectfully.

I really like cool jazz. If someone had turned me onto jazz when I was in high school I would probably still be playing right now. That's what I regret more than anything. I don't like not playing music. I was never..what's the word...oh...good, but I loved playing music. Now I can't learn guitar and I no longer have a trumpet, so there goes that. I don't know if I should be jealous of the people I'm always listening to. Usually I just daydream I'm playing the music (anyone who's tried to talk to me while I'm walking to or from class with my headphones on knows how I zone out).

Damn, I screwed up.

And I have two basketball games on Wednesday. I can barely walk right now and I can barely play when I'm feeling good. This should be an adventure. I saw some of our opponents Monday and they looked considerably bigger than all of my teammates stacked on top of each other.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]